Dear Wilwilwil,

@26-May-2004, 17:49 +0200 (26-May 16:49 UK time) WilWilWil [W] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Leif:

W> I apologize if I do not respect rules. You explain these rules
W> but I am French and I've a lot of difficulties to understand what
W> was wrong in my post and what you explain to me.

I'll try to put it simply. I'll also try to use English words that
are similar to their French equivalents. That should help you to
comprehend.

Microsoft made a grand mistake. When you reply to an email using one
of their email programs, you get the flashing cursor at the top of
the text. So it appears that it's okay to just type what you want to
say *there*.

It's not okay though.

It's very bad "etiquette" (or "netiquette" as it is also called).

We call it "top posting" (posting at the top).

You should type what you want to say in-between the original message
text.

Think about this:

,------/ Example of top posting \------
Terrible
> How does it smell
>> My dog's got no nose
`------\ End /------

Upside down, isn't it? Well, that's what happen when "top posting"
is used.

If you just type what you want to say immediately below the piece of
the message you are talking about, it works like a conversation. And
you should also cut out the pieces of the original message you don't
want to talk about.

Does that help?

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.11 Beta/6 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1