Saturday, June 5, 2004, 10:50:29 AM, Martin wrote (in part):

AJ>> Yes, but the inclusion of these features has diverted resource from more
AJ>> functional and useful features, and from bug elimination.

MW> For instance, the new emoticon feature was put together some weeks
MW> ago "for personal use" by one of the developers and is now in the
MW> latest release.

Well, it would be just dandy if one of the chaps could stop it looping
for personal reasons.

MW> Whilst typing this message in MicroEd I see many enhancements in the new
MW> release so it seems that efforts haven't been diverted too much after
MW> all!

Well, then perhaps there should be some selling of the useful stuff and
not so much of the frivolous stuff.

MW> My guess is we're seeing little snippets of the next version. I also
MW> think it will have universal appeal, satisfying 'newbie' and 'power
MW> user' alike. Sounds like a sensible commercial model to me.

This *is* the next version, so, yes.  I assume you refer to some greater
version to follow?  Version 2.2 perhaps?  I'm a little tired of new
versions constantly introducing features without eliminating major bugs.
Also, the version numbers don't seem to mean a lot.  I think there wer
more differences between the 1.5x and 1.6x versions than between any of
the 2.xx versions.

MW> And yes, I get frustrated with progress too... and that's why it's
MW> helpful to change your perceptual position from time to time.

Standing on my head just makes it harder to type.  Ever noticed that?
;-)

--
Cheers,
 Allister