Gaurav Manchanda, [GM] wrote:

GM> Thanks for the advice Dennis.

:) It would seem that these smileys are more very popular and a
welcome addition for many.

Though I wasn't missing them and certainly not unhappy that they're
now there. They're quite pleasant and look better than their raw text
counterparts.

GM> I have been doing all that you advised in your
GM> response, however the
GM> smiley don't show up. The steps followed by me are:
GM> 1. Open TB.
GM> 2. Create a new message.
GM> 3. Change the message format to HTML only.

You don't have to change the message format. The smileys work *only*
in the rich text viewer. You need to be using the rich text viewer to
see the smileys. However, you don't have to use a special editor since
the viewer interprets the ordinary smiley text you're so accustomed to
and changes them to the little gifs. It's purely internal to TB!

GM> 4. In the message area, I just type a few smiley (as
GM> per PDSF.msl)
GM> 5. Save the message and see it in the viewer.

Change to using the rich text viewer. If you already have, then the
problem is with the shortcut you start TB! with. Right click the
shortcut and bring up the properties. Go to the shortcut tab and check
the 'Start in' field. This shouldn't be blank. It should contain the path
to the TB! executable.

You'll need to restart TB! using the new shortcut.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11.02 on WinXP Pro (SP1)