Hello Ian,

On 6 Jun 2004 at 15:30:39 +0100 GMT [16:30 CEST] you wrote:

IP> So..... I am trying to configure BayesIt to leave the messages
IP> it regards as spam in the inbox but merely mark them "read". There is
IP> a check box to do this (on The Bat! preferences anti-spam leaf) but ,
IP> although it is checked it is also greyed out and does not appear to
IP> function (NB I have both the 'delete' and 'move' checkboxes
IP> unchecked). Is this normal and does anyone know what is going on?

This is for marking mail as read that is moved to the junk folder. As
you don't move mail it does nothing.

IP> Perhaps unrelated, if I go to "The Bat!" preferences plug-ins leaf,
IP> highlight BayesIt and click configure the "Rules" button for setting
IP> black/white lists is similarly greyed out. Again, is this normal?

Back/whitelists are not yet implented.

IP> I guess the main problem is the seemingly poor help available for
IP> BayesIt. Is there a help file somewhere I haven't located? I'd like to
IP> know what all the options mean!

There's an old english one for v0.4:

http://klirik.narod.ru/usefuls/bayesiteng.htm

As far as I know the newer one is only evailable in russian:

http://www.ritlabs.com/ru/solutions/BayesIt.php

There are some comments though in the advanced.ini file.

--
Cheers,
 Andre

"Die Normalität ist eine gepflasterte Straße;
 man kann gut darauf gehen
 - doch es wachsen keine Blumen auf ihr."