Phil, [P] wrote:

P> Sorry for delay in replying. the weather was too nice to spend time
P> in front of the computer! 2.11.02 made no difference but eventually
P> I traced it to a problem with my firewall. If I turn it off then
P> everything is fine. I don't quite understand why version 2.10.03
P> works through the firewall and 2.11 and subsequent do not. I can't
P> find any useful messages in the firewall log. Does anyone know
P> whether the way The Bat works for both IMAP and POP3 has changed in
P> some subtle way for the 2.11 versions?

Most firewalls today will offer application protection, so you have to
give each application permission. At the time a hash is created for
the application. If you upgrade the application, you'll need to change
the firewall rule since the hash for the new executable is different.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11.03 on WinXP Pro (SP1)