Hi BatPhiles...

I was intrigued by a throw away line by Thomas...  who mentioned he
might go for Xandros instead of upgrading to Win XP?   (I am running
Win 98 on a Pentium III machine a few...or several...years old...)

I have played with various Linux distros on the dark side (of my hard
drive)..most recently Mandrake...but Thomas's remark re Xandros
intrigued me...

With Crossover in Xandros...does this mean you can use TheBat??  How
well will it run?

I am also wondering about other hardware/software..eg can iPod be used
in Xandros?  (i use iPod as an external drive to backup data from my
work Win XP machine...OK!..I use it for music too! ;-)...but was
annoyed that it doesn't work with Win 98...  I hate that! (Built
in obsolescence)  Oops!... a bit off topic...

I guess this is one advantage of Mozilla browsers/mailers (eg
ThunderBird)...tho lacking the power/functionality of TheBat, they are
cross -platform applications...

BTW..TheBat has been running well the last few days (no 'runtime' and
'error reading database' messages)...don't know why. The last time I
installed from a fresh download from ritlabs...rather than repeated
instals from the copies (of ver 2.11.x and 2.10.03) I had on my hard
drive... Maybe the copies I had were somehow corrupted??

--
Regards,
 Steve Love                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

03:42 Thursday, 17 June 2004

Using The Bat! v2.11.02 (Protocol:usually IMAP)
on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222B

cc Howarth's...Am I getting the Linux itch again??