Hello admin,

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:11:17 +0100 GMT (19/06/2004, 04:11 +0700 GMT),
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

aacu> C - Neither of these would be a huge problem with one or even two
aacu> email accounts but with 42 - it's an impossibility unles I empliyed
aacu> someone full-timeto manage it !! ;-))

42 accounts! I think this is where IMAP comes in. You wouldn't need to
synchronise, as the messages bases would be on the server. Is that
feasible?

aacu> My plan is simply to delete the entire contents of the MAIL directory
aacu> on the Laptop and copy the entire contents of the Desktop mail
aacu> directory in its place. Wallop - just like that.

aacu> Anything I should know before I do that?

If the desktop has always the updated mailbase, that should be OK.
However, if you deleted something on the Laptop but not on the
Desktop, it will reappear on the Laptop. Same siutation as with the
synchronisation feature, but you'll have a problem if you changed the
folder structure.

aacu> Are there any other files that keep a record of the number of
aacu> emails or some obscure settings related to the MAIL directory
aacu> hidden away elsewhere that will then conflict with a new MAIL
aacu> directory suddenly appearing?

I believe everything in TB is mail-related. There was a thread
recently explaining the functions of the different account.* files,
for example.

aacu> OF COURSE - if the system suggested to be able to selectively chasnge
aacu> account settings using a global tick box system were implemented the
aacu> whole panjandrujm would be much easier especially re option B above.

aacu> But then no one that matters seems to understand how stonkingly useful
aacu> that would be.

Not that I matter, but I don't even understand what you mean. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Nach polizeilichen Feststellung stand der Traktor unter
Alkoholeinflus. Eine Blutprobe wurde angeordnet. *

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.11
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM