Sl, [S] wrote:

> 'Smiled when I saw this.  AM doubtless had some stupid person in
> mind:  Me!  ;-)

<chuckle> You are the one who made me realize that one could run the
empty folder command to empty what's locally stored in the cache. :)

>  BTW, TB! incl my IMAP account therein is going well at present: no
>  'runtime' error messages, no 'error reading database' messages...

This is good to hear.

>  Still not sure why all this happened...Possibly multifactorial (as
>  most 'diseases' are...).  Cleaning up Win 98 (running various
>  maintenance procedures...which I do regularly anyway) may have been
>  one part of the cure.

Agreed. The complete cure would be to get rid of Win98. It's an OS
that has served its purpose, i.e., as a Win3.1 to NT stepping stone.
It's now time for a better and more reliable experience.

> Threatening WinDoze with going entirely over to Linux (Xandros) may
> also have had a salutary effect...;-)

Linux is an option. So is Win2k/XP. They're far better solutions that
Win98/ME.

> One serious point tho:  when I was reinstalling TB! over and over
> again...this time ver 2.10.03...then ver 2.11.x... over and over
> again...I was using copies of the program in my downloads folder on my
> hard drive....  Then I downloaded a 'fresh' copy from Ritlabs...and
> the problems went away....Coincidence??  I am wondering if somehow the
> copies of the program on my hard rive somehow got corrupted...Just a
> thought...

I doubt this since those installs are compressed and it's unusual for
a file in an archive to be corrupted and yet the archive seemingly
decompresses just fine with an uneventful install.

> BTW...I am feeling very positive about IMAP in TB! at present....
> IMAP in Thunderbird is perhaps simpler...and maybe more stable...but
> IMAP in TB is pretty good now as well methinks... and, in TB!
> fashion..very configurable...

Agreed. I'm now using it at work without any serious problems.

> And TB seems to be about the fastest mailer I have ever used...and I
> have used a few ...

It's very fast as an IMAP client as well. It now seems to be quicker
than ThunderBird at retrieving headers.

--
-=[ :Allie: ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.12 Beta/1 on WinXP Pro (SP1)