Hello Cyrille,

On Thursday, July 1, 2004, at 12:03 Lithuanian Time, you wrote:

C> Laba dienas Edvinas,

Didn't know you know Lithuanian a little bit ;)

C> 1) What is the default codepage of your Windows version?
C>    Baltic? Cyrillic? Central European?

Default codepage is Baltic (windows-1257).

C> 2) What is the charset of the message you were trying to copy from?

I've tried to do it with KOI8-R.

C> P.S.: You seem to have a coding problem also with the Baltic
C>       characters of your second name in the alias of the FROMADDR
C>       of your message. In "Matiušaitis" there is a "š" which is
C>       AFAIK not a Lithuanian character. What character should it be?
C>       I see that you code your message ISO 8859-13. But since
C>       ISO 8859-13 is not a part of the official Ritlabs
C>       distribution of TB, most people on TBUDL can not decode properly
C>       your message.

ISO-8859-13 is official standard for Baltic languages (well, it's ISO!) and
I think that The Bat! should have support of this encoding in distribution
package.

C> It seems that TB simply uses "default" whenever it happens to meet a
C> charset it does not know.

True.

C> Where did you get the ISO 8859-13 implementation for TB?

Downloaded translation table for it. Don't remeber where I found it though.

--
Edvinas
Using The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4