On Thursday, July 1, 2004, 9:55:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> But don't you the have emails that have been deleted from the DT but
> are still on the LT?

That is why I occasionally restore a backup from the desktop onto the
laptop, as this gets the message bases back into synch.

> What is a 'reserve synch' - do you mean you individually select
> folders for synching - i.e: just the 'Sent Mail' folders? If yes: then
> that's a bit of a pain for 35+ accounts.

I do, but I don't have a large number of accounts (about 10) and I
don't do it very often.

> By 'reinstall' you mean Registry entries and the 'MAIL' directory?

The built-in backup routine does not include the Registry entries, so
I just restore the mail folders.  I suppose that I could do this by
copying the mail directories (or even using Laplink).  One problem is
that this process usually resets the filters, so they have to be
re-pointed at the correct folders again.

> Interesting, but how does LapLink keep track of what's been deleted so
> it knows to delete it from the other machine?

It does not, so it will try to copy back across the messages that have
been deleted from the laptop.  Laplink does true synchronisation, so
will copy either way depending on timestamps and its own database of
synch'd files.

Julian

--
  Using The Bat! v2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1