On Tuesday, July 13, 2004, 5:33:25 PM, Arjan de Groot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

AdG> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:07:35 +0200, Roelof Otten wrote:

GM>>> Who doesn't use mark as junk at least 5 times a day?

>> I don't.

AdG> Me neither. Spampal takes care of the junk marking all by
AdG> itself.

>> I don't use any spam filter at all, I don't get as much as
>> five spams a week and yes, I've been on line for quite some
>> time with my current addresses.

AdG> I have used (and still use) real mail addresses on usenet.
AdG> Before my provider took care of it, my Spamfilter caught
AdG> around 200 Spam mails on average days and around 300 on
AdG> peak days. IMO provider side filtering is _the_ future of
AdG> Spam control.

Agreed. One of the hosts I use has Spam Assassin in place which catches an
incredible amount of spam. I didn't even realize how much until I logged on to
cpanel and checked it out.

I also get very little spam on this myrealbox account which is managed by
Novell, so they are obviously doing something on the back-end as well. Hotmail
has gotten a lot better also. Yahoo, IMO, is far and away the worst in the spam
filtering department.

Fighting spam at the email-client is a losing battle.

jon
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]