Hello Thomas,

Friday, July 16, 2004, 11:01:43 AM, you wrote:

T> Hallo Mica,

T> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:01:09 +0200 GMT (12/07/2004, 23:01 +0700 GMT),
T> Mica Mijatovic wrote:

>>> I was amazed when our agent from Japan came to Thailand, and he had to
>>> contact his head office. At the time, telex was the means of
>>> communication. They seemed to have no problems using Latin letters,
>>> which they call Romanji.

T> Nice one. Come to think of it, it can probably be done with Thai
T> letters or Arabic as well.

>> Just for the fun: Генки дасите. Киракуни икоу. = Genki dasite. Kirakuni
>> ikou.

T> Good. ;-)

>> English can be written in Cyrillic too:

>> Хаве а нице афтер ноон. :-) (=Have a nice after noon.)

T> Nice! Never saw this before.

>> Гут аппетит/Gut Appetit...

T> Let's not get into grammar...

>> ...French would be more than charming in Cyrillic, but I can't write
>> French. Gimmie few French words/sentences?

T> Je suis le maitre de la maison.
T>              ^
T>              There should be an acent circumflex, but somehow alt-238
T>              doesn't work and produces an o.

Here is the reply to Thomas email where none of the ascii characters
works properly. The symbols are below. The first is the Alt+0238
producing the plain o. The next one is the Alt+0161 for the inverted
exclamation point. The third is the inverted question mark. As you can
see, none are shown correctly.

о  ? Џ

--
Cheers,