Hi Julian,
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, at 15:00:37 [GMT+0100] (which was Wed, 0:00:37
Australian Eastern Time) you wrote:

> It you have a search in the archive, you will find similar threads
> covering solutions in more detail.  I hope you find a solution.

Thanks.  I disabled that quite a while ago, when I found it to be
ineffective, and installed Spam Pal.

Running Mozilla & Trend Micro PcCillin, a search of their FAQ revealed that
this can cause 100% utilisation and there is a download, but unfortunately
still slow.

Unloaded Trend Micro & back to AVG, but again not much better, but a slight
improvement.

--
John Phillips, Sydney, Australia

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 1

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)