Hallo Jurgen,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:21:48 +0200GMT (22-7-2004, 18:21 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

JH> I  was looking on the Macro lib and coudn't find any way, but I think I once saw
JH> someone talking about it.
JH> How can I set the greeting according to the gender set in the address book?

Use the %ABToGender macro

JH> if gender = "male" then say "Herr " otherwise say "Frau " ...

Yikes, you're forgetting that Gender has three options: unknown, male
and female. So you'd need to check for male and then for female. Would
be something like:
%If:"%ABToGender"="1":"Herr ":"%-
%If:'%ABToGender'='2':'Frau ':''"%-

The values for Gender are:
0=unknown
1=Male
2=Female

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.