Hello Christopher,

On 31 August 2004, 10:23 -0700 (18:23 local time) Christopher Brown [CB]
in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

CB> Is there a way to have a folder hold the 100 most recent list
CB> messages, and move the older messages to another folder?

Yes, but...

CB> The reason is that I use IMAP, and I would like to have an IMAP
CB> folder to provide access to the most recent posts so I can view them
CB> from anywhere, but I don't want the folder to grow too big, since my
CB> IMAP space is limited. Therefor, I'd like to move older messages
CB> (>100 messages old, or >one week old, for example) to a local folder
CB> as needed.

I've not done this with IMAP... and it looks like it's not possible
since there's no option to keep messages in base for n days with IMAP.

This is what I do with POP3:

Go into the IMAP folder Properties and select the Deletion tab. Check
the Use folder-specific deletion settings and then for Alternative
deletion specify the alternative folder. Then setup the maximum number
of messages stored and/or number of days you want to keep messages in
the folder.

Martin Webster
Jabber mjw | ICQ 15893823

Quote of the day:
"We haven't the money, so we've got to think." LORD RUTHERFORD,
1871-1937