On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:00:49 +0100, AceMan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Registered users are expected to pay for the upgrade to v3.....bugs included.

I'll stick with v2.12 until it implodes, or whatever, and after that I won't be a Ritlabs customer again, ever.

My story - I bought v1.62r in February 2003, only to see that v2 was released later that year (while the betas were all named v1.63, remember...). No different update policy for "late" registrations (mine was 7 or 8 months old) compared to those users who used the v1.x for *years*. That was the first time I was really pissed about Ritlabs' "company" decisions. However, XMas2003 I bought the update to v2 with 60% discount (because I needed better PGP support), and now only a couple of months later they release v3 and want to charge their users again? I don't know how others feel about that, but it leads me to the question: What extreme quality of superskunk do they grow in Moldavia? This is so way out of anything I've ever experienced, I have no other explanation.

Its interesting to know that v1.62r was the last release version, while people were testing the v1.63 "beta" versions - which never made it into a v1 release, instead the version number was bumped to v2! Apparently, they tricked their fellow beta testers the same way with v2.13 betas - which are now released in a v3 one has to pay for? Pathetic.

I have enough of Ritlabs. As soon as this v2.12 doesn't do what I need anymore, I'm off for another email client, be it PocoMail or Becky or whatever. I doubt there's one other company that succeeds in ripping their loyal, trusty & paying customer base off worse than Ritlabs. "Sad but true", as the uninstaller of TB! used to say when I removed it from my office machine.

--
Greetings,
 Alexander Kunz