Hallo Tim,

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:06:47 +1000GMT (12-9-2004, 1:06 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

T> I'm just curious: how would an ISP determine whether an address is
T> mine or not?

Complaints. As long as nobody is complaining, nothing will happen.

T> I have various free addresses such as Yahoo! and Gmail, as well as
T> several on my domain. I think the only address I never use as a From
T> address is the one my ISP gives me.

Sounds familiar. Of course there are ISPs that don't route for
addresses that they didn't issue themselves.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

The Bat! 3.0.0.11
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
1 pop3 account, server on LAN

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.