Hi Marten,

> I have a sneaking suspicion that although BayesIT is filtering, that
> it isn't actually learning from messages subsequently not filterd but
> then marked as junk.

> How could I determine whether it IS in fact learning from these?

One way is to look at the statistics BayesIt generates. The would be
found here:

Options > Preferences > Plug-ins > BayesIt > Information

Highlight the BayesIt plugin and click the info button and you will
see a large amount of data pertaining to BayesIt's actions. This is
were I would start anyhow.

--
Neal Laugman

Using The Bat! v3.0.0.18 and BayesIt! 0.6.8 on Win2000 SP4