Hello Neal,

> When the mouse pointer is over unread messages, one gets a yellow tool
> window with total, read, and unread message counts. It is bothersome
> to me and kind of flakey, so I wwould like to get rid of them.

Tooltips _only_ appear when your are _not_ viewing all messages in a
folder. For example if you are viewing only Unread messages, or messages
on a specific date, or flagged/unflagged, or from/to and specific
address, etc.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.0.1 RC2

Winamp Playing: Chris Webster - Since I Fell For You (Smoothjazz.Com -
The worlds best Smooth Jazz - Live From Monterey Bay)