Hello Morpheus,

> My delivery system is a folder which receives my email from a
> satellite connection and there it sits until I use an email client to
> fetch it from the folder

Sorry to jump in here but I can't bear reading this any longer. :-)

The IP address "127.0.0.1" is also called *localhost* - it (usually)
is your OWN machine! Ping 127.0.0.1 will have your own computer answer
your ping request.

You *must* have something sitting in between TheBat! and your
POP3/IMAP server, there's no way around that. Are you using a virus
scanner that scans your email, or an additional local spam filter, or
message mangling program (like xrayapp), or whatever.

In essence, when you look up mails it may be something like

   TheBat! ->> virus scanner ->> POP3 server

Or whatever...

 Alexander                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]