Hello Joe!

On Wednesday, October 20, 2004, 11:31 AM, you wrote:

MB>> Did you not see my reply to you here yesterday? ...

J> Sorry, No... I did not see your reply.  Everytime I get the AV,
J> it doesn't go away and I have to kill TB.  I then loose some mail,
J> and sometimes folders like my bat "list" folders.  It's real
J> frustrating.  ...

I know that it is. I really want to get some help for you.

J> ... Yes, I did also send the mesasage to the beta list. You say I
J> should write directly to "Stefan or 9Val, inquiring what Feedback
J> information they need". Ok, I will do that. ...

Good. I have never written to either of them without getting an
answer, although it sometimes takes a few days.

J> ... It just seems that since "We" are doing all "their" testing, it
J> would be nice if they sent me a note explaining what they need as I
J> requested in the bug notes. ...

I think, partly, it is that we are writing to them in a language which
is a foreign language to them. I think from their point of view that a
request for Feedback--meaning, usually, that they could not reproduce
the problem and need help for what else to try in order to reproduce
it--is self-explanatory.

Do you have an except.log in the directory The Bat!/Mail/except.log?
If so, it should show a time-by-time account of the occurrence of the
AVs. That (I don't know for sure) might help them spot the place
that's giving you fits.

Another thing which is happening right now, is that they have just
begun coding the new beta series. So they may wait to look at the new
and old Bug Notes until they have taken care of the agenda they've set
out to do for the beta series leading up to the Christmas Edition
release.

That is why I thought you should write directly to 9Val or Stefan, as
programmers, explaining that you don't know what Feedback to give and
asking them to be more specific in the request.

J> Anyway, I will do it. How can I be the only one having this
J> proplem???

Don't know. It could be somewhere in your other settings, obscure to
you, but making this block. It could be in how The Bat! is interacting
with other software on your computer, or how it is interacting with
your operating system.

It could be that at some point you got a faulty download of The Bat!
and that, in overwriting to install subsequent versions, the fault was
conserved.

A complete uninstall followed by a clean install might solve the
problem. Or not. I don't know how extensive your computer skills are.
Are you up to doing a complete backup of all your TB! configuraiton,
registration, and data files? To an external back-up source, for
safety's sake?

And then a complete uninstall, including editing the Registry, in case
Add/Remove did not finish its job?

I would have to be desperate to attempt that, myself. But I guess you
*are* desperate. And guys on these lists do that sort of thing
routinely, mostly without getting in trouble. :)

Anyway, keep us posted, both here and on tbbeta as to what happens
next with you. Best of luck.

Thanks for writing back to me. I'm glad this time my mail to you
didn't get lost.

Mary
The Bat! 3.0.2.1 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2