Hello Marck,

> Dear Thomas,

> @20-Oct-2004, 20:20 +0700 (20-Oct 14:20 UK time) Thomas Fernandez [TF]
> in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Morpheus:

M>>> Using my language I can see inside 'the folder' the raw messages so if
M>>> anything was going to 'mangle' it as you poetically put it, would it
M>>> not have done so already? Yet when I look at the raw message in my
M>>> TEXTEDITOR I see the whole and not the stripped message TheBat!
M>>> offers up to me.

TF>> How do you open the messages in the text editor?

> The Satellite software is downloading the messages into a holding
> folder external to TB and driver by its own virtual POP handler. The
> holding folder is a simple disk folder that contains .msg files. These
> files can be viewed with a text editor.

TF>> Over here, the mails are downloaded into the .tbb files, and these
TF>> show garbage in the text editor. So what file are you opening?

> The satellite offline message folder contents external to TB - prior to
> receiving the messages in TB.

> .. <snip>

TF>> No apparently it is not your satellite software,

> Actually - it seem that there is possibly something amiss with the
> message body format before it even arrives in the offline folder.
> Although the whole message can be seen in a text editor, once it is
> transmitted by POP protocol to TB, the body has been removed. Morpheus
> has said this happens with or without the middle-man offline folder's
> intervention. Telling TB to grab the messages from the Satellite ISP's
> POP server directly by changing the account settings in TB still
> resulted in truncated messages. Unless, of course, Morpheus simply
> opened the connection and downloaded, expecting the messages to come
> direct from the ISP without changing any settings... in which case, we
> still don't know.

TF>> you do have the full message on your computer. But where, I
TF>> wonder. The message body gets lost on the way from that file which
TF>> you can open in the text editor to the import into TB.

> Yes - and POP3 is the import method.

No I am stupid but not that stupid :-) I changed my settings from
pop3server 127.0.0.1 to mail.skydsl.de and this requires an open
internet connection to pull (did I say that right) the mail to my PC.

I said in an earlier email that this stripping appears to be very
selective and far more intelligent than I. It only appears to strip
spam but I do recall the emails I viewed intact before DID contain
text and not just an external reference to an image or site elsewhere.

Something on my computer seems to be leaping in at the transfer stage
from localhost folder to TheBat! to kill the content. Could it be
SPYBOT? It is not designed to do this as far as I know but apart from
that and AVG and Kerio is the only stuff I have running except of
course my satellite software which always running.

--
Morpheus