On Saturday, October 16, 2004, 11:04:10 PM, Alexander wrote in message:
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
A> *And* it has been proven more than once that there's simply *NO* so-called
A> "saving" at all - what improvement and "daylight saving" is this when by
A> the end of October the clocks go back 1 hour so its earler light in the
A> morning, but in exchange for that its earlier dark in the evening?

We were taught at school that the reasoning behind it was to make
it safer for children walking to school in the morning. Being light
earlier meant they were visible rather than having to walk in the
dark. As schools generally finish before it gets dark in the afternoon
the children were still safe to walk home again. Nowadays many are
taken by car so it's questionable whether there is a benefit but if it
does make walking safer for those who do then I hope it stays. :)

Follow Up to TBOT as now way OT for TBUDL ;)

--
Cheers,
 Anne Registered Linux user #345132

 Flying high with The Bat! v3.0.1 RC3 on Xandros Desktop Deluxe v2.0
 Visit The Bat! Users' Unofficial Help Forum http://the-bat-forums.donzeigler.com