Hallo Paul,

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:57:14 +0100GMT (22-10-2004, 11:57 +0200, where
I live), you wrote:

PJ> The help file is a bit thin on detail; do I need to create a backup
PJ> for each sync?

Yes.

PJ> (That would be a lengthy process)

Yes

PJ> Or have aI misunderstood the instructions.

No.

There are two alternatives.
1) Keep messages on server for X days, so that you can download your
   messages on both systems. (Presuming you use both regularly.) And
   BCC all your messages to yourself, so that you've got copies of
   sent messages on both systems.

2) Use IMAP, that way the mail will stay on your server, so you can
   view it with whatever client you like.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Never lean forward to push an invisible object.

The Bat! 3.0.1.33
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN