Hello Anthony G. Atkielski & everyone else

22-Okt-2004 06:42, you wrote:

> I set all the HTML colors to black and plain and the maroon bold style
> went away. But this was a plain text message so the HTML settings should
> not have mattered (?).

Check which viewer you are using - right-click the message, is there a
checkbox in front of the "use plain text viewer" line?

You can configure the behaviour of the two viewers separately, see
Preferences | Viewer/Editor - there's two entries, plain text/MicroEd and
HTML/Windows Editor.

The plain text viewer (PTV) is not just for text-only messages, and the
so-called rich text viewer (RTV) is not only used for HTML messages.
Different colors for quotes, the signature, etc. etc. are available for
text-only messages as well, when using the RTV (I think thats what most
people do).

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)
 using v3.0.2.1 on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 without smilies :-P

After playing the violin for the cellist Gregor Piatigorsky, Albert
Einstein asked, "Did I play well?" - "You played relatively well," replied
Piatigorsky.