On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 at 8:47:25 PM [GMT -0500], Z5worg
wrote:

> I have PGP 6.5.8 freeware. The batpgpNN DLL's were the ones downloaded
> from Ritlab sometime ago. But as I said, I unzipped the files into the
> Program directory, and the "Choose OpenPGP Version" option is grayed
> out.

> Where should I put the batpgpNN DLL?

They're usually placed either in the TB! installation directory or in
any directory that's in your system path.

Did you restart TB! so that the DLL's can be registered? Once that's
done and PGP 6.5.8 is installed, then you should be able to choose PGP
6.5.x as the OpenPGP plugin to use.

>> However, if you're running PGP v8, the integrated support is the best
>> to use.

> Is there a PGP v8 freeware?

Yes. The part you'd use with TB! is freeware. However, it comes with PGP
Disk which isn't freeware. Additionally, I think the Outlook and Eudora
plugin support aren't freeware either.

> If yes, should I upgrade or not?  [I don't use PGP that often.]  If
> yes, where can I download it?  Are there substantial differences
> between PGP v6.x and v8?

I'm a little rusty on PGP and the latest and greatest new things.
However, if you wish to be compatible with all and sundry, then use PGP
v8. It's the most compatible overall that I've used. Not to mention
that security fixes and improvements have been implemented since
v6.5.8.

--
-= Allie =-
..... A living example of Artificial Intelligence.