Hello Mary,

Friday, October 29, 2004, 2:16:49 AM, you wrote:

MB> Hello JM!

MB> On Thursday, October 28, 2004, 6:40 PM, you wrote:

MB>>> But fully functional later, at which point the announcement said
MB>>> that SecureBat as a stand-alone would be discontinued. That is
MB>>> some way into the future, I imagine.

zzc>> Just curious.  Will that be in v3.x?  OR after v3?

MB> It is already in v. 3.xx Pro.

MB> Here's what the RitLabs website says:

MB> http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/diff.php

MB> "Possibility for hardware authentication with mail servers - + In the
MB> current version only eToken Pro is supported. From November 30, 2004
MB> we plan to support iKey 1000 as well. In future The Bat! will support
MB> other hardware authentication keys.
MB> Message base encryption - + ...will be available starting November 30,
MB> 2004.
MB> Biometric authentication - + ...through Dekart BIO API."

MB> Stefan Tanurkov's October 14 post to tbbeta implies that at some point
MB> SecureBat will be discontinued. V. 3.xx Professional replaces it.

MB> This is as well as I can understand the various announcements and
MB> statements  YMMV  :)

Sounds good Mary.
I don't even notice the difference between v2 and 3 besides the icons.
So the upgrade price was a 'waste of money' for me; besides keeping an
alternative for Outlook alive.
But step by step integration of SecureBat features makes it worthwhile
for me.
If message base encryption means that incoming PGP messages are stored
as plain text I'm a very happy man :)

Tony

Why do birds bob their heads when they walk?