Dear Anthony,

@30-Oct-2004, 20:47 +0200 (30-Oct 19:47 UK time) Anthony G. Atkielski
[AGA] in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

AGA> Is there a way for me to renew my Verisign digital ID and install it so
AGA> that TB uses it for S/MIME messages?

Yes.

AGA> If so, can someone point me to a step-by-step procedure?

Load your certificate into your MS certificate store as usual. Open
IE. Go to "Tools .. Internet Options".

On the "Content" click on the "Certificates" button. Find your
Verisign certificate in the list and select it. Now click on the
"Export" button. That will start the export Wizard.

During export you need to select "Yes, export the private key". You
should export it using PKCS #12 (.PFX) form, including all
certificates in the certification path and using strong protection. DO
NOT ask for the key to be deleted on export.

The first password (and confirmation) you will be asked for will be to
protect the exported data and will not relate to the password for the
private key itself.

Once you have named the export file and completed the operation,
switch to TB and the Account Properties dialog. In the "General"
section you should click on "Edit Personal Certificates" button.

Use the "Import" function to load that freshly imported key to your TB
certificate store. Finally, click on the "Reset signers ..." button to
allow you to select that certificate for signing operations next time
you need to sign.

I think that's about it. Good luck!

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.0.2.3 Rush on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2