Thanks Mike

==============
MikeD> Hello Dave,

MikeD> Wednesday, November 3, 2004, 5:24:51 AM, you wrote:

DT>> How do you install this Bayesit filter?

MikeD> First unarchive the TBP file someplace in either the TB executable
MikeD> tree or the data tree. I put mine in Prg_files/TheBat/Bayesit

MikeD> Go to Options / PLugins.

MikeD> Click add and then point at the bayesit.tbp file, click OK and you are
MikeD> basically done.  It will then be set up with some defaults.  You will
MikeD> then need to train it before it will be any good at recognizing spam.
MikeD> There are two ways to do that.

MikeD> First, just continue to receive mail as you do now and for each spam
MikeD> you find, use the menu Specials - Mark as Spam (I have assigned that
MikeD> to Alt-J (for junk) on my system).  It will have assumed everything is
MikeD> "ham" (i.e. non-spam) until you mark it as such, so you don't have to
MikeD> do anything about those.

MikeD> Or, if you have saved some spam and some "ham" messages saved on your
MikeD> system, you can save some time by training it on those messages using
MikeD> the specials 'mark as junk' and 'mark as not junk' to "get a leg up"
MikeD> as it were. Just be sure to get at least as much ham as spam in your
MikeD> training so that it has a good idea what it good stuff or you will end
MikeD> up with a lot of false positives.