Hallo Jean,

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:29:09 +0100GMT (10-11-2004, 9:29 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

JCG> !10/11/2004, 08:38:24: SEND  - Message has not been sent. Server reply -
JCG> <localhost>: Helo command rejected: Invalid name

Your ISP is refusing the HELO argument you're using.

I've been doing some testing just now and found that TB sends the
machine name unless you're using an smtp proxy on your own machine.

Apparently OE is using the machine name, it looks like your pc is
called 'main', since that's what OE uses when communicating to the
server.

Could you give some more info on your setup?

Are you on a LAN?
Are you using a proxy-server to share your internet connection?
Are scanning outgoing mail with your virus scanner?
Have you got a fixed IP address from your ISP (or your LAN)?
What firewall (if any) re you using?

JCG> Is this a bug in the current Bat version ?

No, it's your ISP's mail server arbitrarily refusing your helo
argument

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Postscript: The only thing of interest in some letters.

The Bat! 3.0.2.6
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN