Hi

On Wednesday, 10 November, 2004, at 10:22:43 AM, Allie Martin wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 09, 2004 at 10:40:23 PM [GMT -0500], Mfpa wrote:

>> http://www.pcwize.com/thebat/tbudp/tiki-index.php?page=Program+Folders+and+Files

>> suggests there should be "batpgpXX.dll files required for using
>> PGP/GPG" in TB in folder C:\Program Files\The Bat!

> That's for older versions of TB! before integrated support for PGP
> v5,6,7,8 came on stream. I had tried the integrated support with v6 and
> though it worked, there were little cosmetic quirks that were ironed out
> if I used the traditionally provided dlls you're now referring to.

So, with the integrated support they are not needed?

>> I don't have these and have problems encrypting from within The
>> Bat! using PGP 8.1. Could it be due to not having these dll files?
>> Searching for files named "*pgp*dll" shows 8 files in
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32 but none in C:\Program Files\The Bat!

>> I can decrypt with no problems as long as I don't try to encrypt.

> PGP v8 will not work with those old dll files. The DLL's provide plugin
> support for v5 and 6. Versions 7 and 8 require the integrated support.

The dll's I have are the ones installed when I installed PGP (either 8.0.3
or 8.1)

>> More info is at https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=3488.

> Hmmm. I've never had that problem before and I've been using PGP v8
> since my v2 days. The only problem I've recalled having was that the
> PGPSDK service would crash, but that was long ago and it spontaneously
> stopped.

I had that once or twice too.

> TB! and the PGPSDK service is having a problem on your machine. I don't
> know why. Sorry that I can't be of any better help.

 Thanks for your help. It's a mystery to me too.

MFPA                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1