Hello John,

JM>  Why does the Bayesit plugin not work very well?
JM>  It will pick up an occasional spam but misses most.
JM>  It will still fall for the same messages even after I mark them as
JM>  spam.
JM>  ????

Spammers have gotten "hip" to how Bayesian filtering works and have
devised ways to get around it by filling the message with random words
and the like, so that no two messages are the same ... just as they
were able to get around "name" filtering by creating fictitious
addresses that were always different.

It is a constant struggle.  We find a new "tool", then "they" find a
way around it <sigh>

Bayesian filtering still works, just not as effectively against the
rabbid spammer who only seems to care about getting a nonsense message
into your inbox ... as opposed to the commercial spammer who does want
you to buy something (what are they thinking? <shrug> )

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.0.2.7 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000