Hallo rich,

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:06:40 -0500GMT (8-1-2005, 4:06 +0100, where I
live), you wrote:

RG> 1) Often, received messages do not properly display the ' character.
RG> Such as world⤙s

Generally that happens when the sender uses a different charset than
he specifies in the Content-Type: header.

RG> 2) In replies many times the quoted text drops characters so the words
RG> sometimes get stucktogether likethis.

That could be related to the same problem.
You mention 'often' and 'many times', is it always with messages from
the same sender/group of senders? Do these messages have anything in
common: language, originating program, HTML, whatever?

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Mistrust first impulses, they are always good.

The Bat! 3.0.2.10
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN