Hi Allie,

The original quoted text below was written on 20/01/2005 16:32 my local time;

ThunderBird's filter matching and actions options aren't as numerous as
with TB!. However, ThunderBird's works while TB!'s is problematic and
often doesn't work. As a result despite all of TB!'s fancy filtering
abilities, I don't use it and instead, do most filtering server side.

This is also where I stand at the moment. I miss some of the advanced filtering, but to be honest, I'm quite happy with the filtering that is taking place server side and I'm not really missing the advanced filtering like I thought I would.

So the recurring theme is solidity on the ground vs advanced
functionality which becomes useful only with a firm footing on a
reliable and solid ground.

If I were to be totally honest here, the only thing I'm really missing from TB! is templates. Working with Thunderbird and IMAP with server side filtering for a few months now has made me realise that I'm not as reliant on TB! as I thought I was.

Once IMAP works well, then I'm sure TB! will be my client of choice, but until then, I'm more than happy with Thunderbird. As Allie puts it so well, 'it works'.

FYI - This is all IMHO and I have no intention of starting a flame war or anything similar.
--
Chris

________________________________________________ Current version is 3.0.1.33 | 'Using TBUDL' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html