Chris,

C> Yes. But you can configure every other folder individually to
C> override the account wide settings.

In that case, I am going to stick with manual filtering.  Setting up
all of those overrides is too much work for me.  Thanks Chris for
explaining all of this.

C> I was thinks of putting in a feature request regarding this. The
C> deletion settings under the account properties would be the default
C> for every folder. However, each folder (including the Inbox) could
C> have its own settings. At the top of the tab within the folder's
C> properties, there could be a checkbox that says something along the
C> lines of "Define folder-specific settings" that would enable custom
C> deletion settings for that folder. This interface would be similar to
C> setting up address book templates.

C> Thoughts?

I think hooking archive functionality into alternative deletion and
purging is very cryptic.  I think there should be a clearly named
"Archive" property at the folder level.  There could also be an
Archive property at the account level but I wouldn't have any use for
it.

--
Regards,
Mike F                           Mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]