Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

  A reminder of what [EMAIL PROTECTED] on TBUDL typed on:
  Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 21:00:05 GMT +0100

aacu> A Can anyone using any email client read it without needing to do
aacu> anything too taxing or comples - many of my cients and contacts have
aacu> zero experience outside Outlook Express vanilla.

Yes, anyone can read it without trouble. They just won't know what it is
that's all.

aacu> B What if some clients access email through MS Excgange Server?

Can't help with that one.

aacu> C What about emails I send to a Mail List Controlling programme? How
aacu> does it read them?

Probably treats them as an attachment and will either display them or
delete them. In which case it's pointless signing.

If it's to a yahoo group list there is a desirable side effect. S/MIME
signed posts tend not to carry all the yahoo advertisements. The signature
remains in tact though.

aacu> D What I really can find no answer to is:

aacu> How does the system work in actuality for the actual sender
aacu> and the actual recipient of the email in terms of what they are faced
aacu> with when an email arrives and what they have to do to be able to
aacu> read it.

All they need to do is read it as they would a normal email, they just
won't be able to verify it as being from you and unaltered on route.

Unless you encrypt it and then no one will be able to read it without your
key.

--

Best regards,    Tony.
 Message composed on 1/29/2005 at 8:06 PM UTC   2004 - AWB

The Bat! 3.0.2.10 Gentoo.
Registered Linux user #316959
PGP Key http://www.theboomclan.com/pgp.txt
        http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=7037908