On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 at 22:02:41 +1100, Ian A. White wrote:

IAW> Thorvald,

IAW> On Saturday, February 5, 2005, 9:34:50 PM, you (Thorvald Neumann) wrote:

TN>> Hæ!

TN>> Saturday, February 5, 2005, 11:13, Alexander S. Kunz wrote:
>>> Decide whats best for you, and let other people decide whats best for
>>> them...

TN>> Yes, sure.

TN>> But I hate to see TB having the HTML mode on as a default.

IAW> I don't think that this is what was ever suggested as a general
IAW> setting for all installations of the The Bat!. What was suggested
IAW> was that an individual user could set HTML as default on their own
IAW> system so that it would not be necessary for them to have to toggle it
IAW> each time for particular recipients.

If I recall Netscape/Mozilla mail used to have the option in the
address book for tagging contacts as 'This person prefers plain text
email' or 'this person prefers HTML email' or 'Send Both'.  Something
along those lines would work nicely too for TB! I think.

TN>> Because I am "educating" my clients to use plain text emails,
TN>> preferably with TB as their standard mailer.

IAW> I agree, however there are times where it is simpler to use HTML for
IAW> e-mail. As an example, I needed to send my father a series of
IAW> photographs converted to JPG images. He was in his 90's and trying to
IAW> get him to work with attachments was impossible. The simplest way to
IAW> get the images to him was to create the message in HTML and insert the
IAW> images directly in the message itself so that he could see the image
IAW> without any further fiddling and see any notes about the image
IAW> following it. The same goes when sending a client photographs with
IAW> comments on them in a message rather than comments and attachments
IAW> that have to be matched separately.

I had to send an email to Stellram customer support about some broken
carbide inserts for a steel mill... Had to send HTML email with the
images embeded like that for them as well.   There ARE times HTML
email is quite handy.  I have to use Outlook at work because of it
(though all my personal email goes through TB! now.)

 David

Using The Bat! v3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2