Hello David!

On Sunday, February 06, 2005, 10:48 AM, you wrote:

>>> There is that... but we have to put a level of trust in someplace...

MB>> I like to get my "ads" from Amazon. However, if they sent me an
MB>> attachment, I would become quite wary.

I'm not too good at "geek speak." But I'm assuming that "Y" means
"Why."

So: In case it was a spoofed From address, with a malware attachment,
I would scan it from my Desktop.

I have shortcuts to my "protection applications" on the Desktop.
Quicker access than in the e-mail.

I have never received an attachment from either Amazon.com, Amazon.uk,
or Amazon.de--have accounts at all three places.

So a mail from them with an attachment would feel more suspect to me
than one without.

David--this is getting a little OT. Want to continue on tbot?

Mary
The Bat! 3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2