Hi Matt,
  On 28/3/2005 12:53 PM -0800, you wrote:

Ugh. This is such a bad "feature". I don't know how many times I've
closed down the search window thinking it just wasn't working. I only
discovered this when I left it open by mistake and suddenly saw all
kinds of results on my search. At the least it should say something
like "Querying server...".

TB! IMAP is built on the legacy of TB!'s POP support. As a result there are many issues like this one. Filtering and sound alerts are other aspects that suffer quirky or erratic functionality for IMAP.

--
 Allie Martin
System specs: http://www.ac-martin.com/sysspecs.htm