Hello Chris,

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:47:38 -0400 GMT (08/04/2005, 10:47 +0700 GMT),
Chris wrote:

C> the message that is being processed.

It also marks the copy as read. I tried it today.

I found a way around: Instead of using Incoming filters, I use Read
filters. This way, the message stays in the original account until I
open it, and then it will be copied to the archive folder. Perfect!

(Except that I do indeed have to manually move each single filter, but
that is a one-time effort.)

One drawback I still have to think about:

All messages sent a being automatically BCC'ed to the sender address.
This is advantageous, because I need only Incoming/Read filters and
don't need to copy those as Outgoing filters.

Another common filter marks all messages sent by myself automatically
as Read, so I don't need to read my own messages again. However, this
means that the Read filters are not triggered, and the messages are
not copied to the archive folders. I'll advise when I come up with a
solution for that.

C> The problem I see with performing a copy is you now effective have two
C> separate message bases to worry about. With Virtual Folders you only
C> have one.

True, but have you tried that with a message base as large as mine?
Luckily, disk space is not an issue at the moment, and the current
folders will hold only 30 days' worth of messages, so they won't be
too large anyway.

C> In my experience, Virtual Folders have preformed reasonable well
C> when I am not using an IMAP account.

Strictly POP over here.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Important warning for aircraft pilots: Teeth that have been improperly
filled cause problems with altitude or rapid decompressions. The
higher pressure under the filling will cause excruciating pain and in
rare instances can cause the tooth to explode. An exploding tooth
would be distracting.

Message reply created with The Bat! 3.0.2.10
under Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600Service Pack 2