Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

M3> Hello All,

M3> Just as of today I have been hammered by a significant increase in
M3> spam. I can deal with that. But one thing did confuse me. One of the
M3> spam messages ended up in my "known" folder and I checked my address
M3> book three times to be sure and neither the From nor the To address
M3> appear in my address book. So can someone offer a suggestion as to why
M3> this email would have gotten sent to the "Known" folder? (I have
M3> included the message header bewlow in case that will help)

M3> TIA

Similar events occur to me.

Spam emails seemingly addressed to other people are delivered to me.

My internet provider says the senders put in some part of your
name-address somewhere in the email. I can see no sign of this in the
header, and have not bothered to look inside the message text.

Just shows that the spammers keep learning new tricks.

I rely mainly on positive filters in the bat, like "known", and can
live with that.

--

Paul

 Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

...Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.