Hello AJ,

> Why is that...? Strange behaviour, if you ask me..."

I assume you have a further 'Batskin.XML' file on the desktop?
If not, examine the shortcut. If in the TheBat! shortcut the entry is
missing in the field: "Execute in: ", TheBat! is looking on the desktop
for an existing 'Batskin.XML'. If no file is present on the desktop, the
internal 'Batskin.XML' is loaded. That's why it works with shortcut from
the working directory, here the path is registered.

--
best regards
Miroslav

BAT-MAIL.DE.VU - http://bat-mail.de.vu