Hello Steve,

On 18 May 2005, 10:49 you wrote:

>> The best way to not falsely identify mails on this list as spam is to
>> match the Return-Path against received lines, because all this lists
>> mail have a Return-Path of '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and are
>> coming from '62.80.28.8' which identifies itself as
>> 'draenor.its-toasted.org'.

> You are assuming I am using TB or a plug in to do spam filtering.
> Personally I do not even wish to download spams or viruses in the
> first place which is why I have server side filtering via Spamcop
> (which also includes Spam Assassin but I can not control their copy of
> course).

I use the following procmail rule to filter TBUDL, TBBETA etc.

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# Mailman and other intelligent software lists
# (e.g. List-Post: <mailto:tbbeta@thebat.dutaint.com>)
#
:0
| ${FORMAIL} -a "X-Folder: $MATCH" >>mail/Lists/$MATCH

To date, I have never had spam end up in my TB! folders. However, I
have had SpamAssassin incorrectly classify a couple of genuine
messages but these get to the correct folder using the above rule... I
tend to test for lists before generic spam (other than fake messages,
mailing lists etc.)

The use of subject tags is therefore redundant even though many lists
to which I subscribe use them.

--
As ever,
  .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

"There can't be a crisis next week. My schedule is full." HENRY
KISSINGER

IMAP Client: The Bat! Version 3.5 Return RC9
IMAPS Server: Dovecot | OS: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2)