Hello Ian and others,

> This has happened for as long as I can remember. I reported it a long
> while ago.

I think it was (and is) ok when Quick Search popped up as you typed,
but if a user has chosen to have it visible on the toolbar it ought to
stay there.

I'm afraid I've been guilty of changing the subject of a thread by
bringing this up in my original post, for which I apologise; I'm
rather a beginner in these things. Am I allowed to revert to the
original question raised by Allister? Can anybody duplicate this
behaviour in 3.5 : create a Group, add a User to it, then logon as the
Group. What happens when you then click on the 'Create a new message'
button? With me this causes an AV.

--
Regards to all,
Andrew