Hallo Vili,

On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:38:13 +0200GMT (22-5-2005, 14:38 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

TBS> I dont advise it.

Actually, that's up to you.

TBS> I have many input from TB users. I have observed ONLY two ways to lose
TBS> mails:
TBS> 1. Compress on exit checked in Inbox properties
TBS> 2. Compress all folders on exit in Account/Properties

The most common reason for losing mail as I have observed it, is 'not
compressing' any folders. Whether you compress folders automatically
or manually doesn't matter very much, but it's the unlimited growth of
of folders without compressing at all that does most damage,
especially when we're discussing the inbox.

However, we were discussing IMAP folders and I don't think that TB's
compressing routines really count as each IMAP server stores its stuff
differently, so I highly suspect that the server's compressing
routines are used.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

If 50 million people vote for something stupid, it's still stupid!

The Bat! 3.5
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
2 pop3 accounts, server on LAN