> Anyway, I also have a totally anonymous e-mail address you can absolutely not
> figure out where it has been sent from other than the server, but the IP
> address
> doesn't mean anything:

>   by 10.0.2.100 with SMTP; 22 May 2005 21:18:49 -0000
>
> So, whenever I need to send an anonymous e-mail, I'm going to use this
> address.

  What do you mean by saying "the IP address doesn't mean anything"?

  Let's presume that the headers are actual AND you send som "controversial
mail"
 (whatever content/opinion/allegation/etc,), the IP in there still gives a
trace.
  Your mail can be traced back to the services of Zonice Menk & Fieseler GbR in
  Gunzenhausen, Germany. Of course, that doesn't mean you are in Gunzenhausen...
  ...but it would give a clue where to send the court order if your activity are
  illegal AND Zonice Menk & Fieseler GbR would have to comply with the court
  order by divulging from where the connection originates. If they don't comply,
  Zonice Menk & Fieseler GbR would probably have to tolerate accusations of
hiding
  information about illegal activities. Would you trust them to "stand by your
man"
  for particular long? Or would you expect them to hand over the requested info
as
  per court order? Like I said, most people have limited ability to trace you,
but
  the people/services that can - they will.

  Apparently, I am assuming your need for a non-traceable IP is for some shady
  reason (fishy business, political activity etc.), cause I still haven't
figured
  why you so desperately need a non-traceable IP (anonymous e-mail)... And since
  you are saying "whenever I need to send an anonymous e-mail" it is apparent
that
  it isn't a 100% privacy thing that is needed/wanted on a permanent basis, but
  rather "whenever [you] need". So I wonder what is in those mails that you
"need"
  to send "anonymous" and that you can't stand up for? (It is a rhetoric
question!)

--
  St