Hello Philip,

Saturday, June 11, 2005, 2:17:52 PM, you wrote:

PS> Why are you running multiple mail clients?

PS> In both cases, it was just for evaluation purposes. To see if there's
PS> something that they do (or do better) which can drag me away from The
PS> Bat!, really. So I ran them alongside The Bat!, simply setting the
PS> accounts to download mail but not delete it from the server for n days
PS> in each client - which allowed for dual-running quite nicely.

Comparable situation over here. Albeit I'm not intrested in their individual
anti-spam features.

PS> Feel free to reply privately if you like. I send this to the list just
PS> because I hope that the answer might be useful for all...

I don't think so, but one never knows that someone else has the answer to my
problem (Even though I doubt that!).

Some have heard this several times... I'll try to keep it short.

1.
If a client changes (mail) address, I have to change that in

- my Access-based database
- Time & Chaos
- The Bat!

No way to synchronise those. TB!'s AB cannot even be "purged"....
Both TB! and T&C have non-standard AB's. That's being sold as a strong point,
(and it is AFA virus & spam is concerned) but it's their weakness too.

2.
Day by day the number of HTML-mail coming from trusted partners is growing.
I have suggested to make the choice of reader selectable on a folder-basis. I
can understand that others do not find that an urgent matter, but every day
the time I spend Click-Click-Click-Click (the fourth is from an error-screen
saying The Bat! cannot find the requested file - a remainder of Opera being
the default browser for 1 day -) in order to see the full content of the
message, increases. (*)

3.
To keep a long story short and at the risk of getting the list all over me:

1. Barca, but it doesn't have a plugin for synchronising with a Pocket
   PC-based PDA yet (it does for Palmbased).
2. Outlook, because it has the above

are currently the only alternatives if I want to avoid to loose too much
time.

Oh, yes, I would be missing much functionality and it's against what my heart
says, especially as far as Outlook is concerned, but I cannot go on like
this, with all this redundant work.  (**)

So, if you were to say you have just finished writing a tool that makes it
possible to synchronise, if it were only TB! and Time & Chaos, that would
make me very happy and I could carry on with the solution suggested below.
Alas, I'm afraid you 'd have to be a programming wonder in order to do so...

Perhaps RitLabs and Chaos Software could talk with one another, since one has
a fine mailer with a hardly existant PIM and the other has a nice PIM with
a poor mailer...
:-)  &  :-(

(*) As far as these are messages that are close to being newsletters, that do
    not require to be answered, one could (AAMOF I do so for some) set up TB!
    so that those messages are not downloaded by TB! but by another mailer
    that allows for non-attached pictures to be shown. Those are not the main
    problem.

(**)I must admit: there are a lot of features in TB! that make me save time
    and cannot be found in other mailers! I guess that's why I find it so
    hard to leave The Bat!

--
Best Wishes,
Mark