Hello Jon,

JP> I  have  all  my  attachments stored within the message bodies. My
JP> message  base  is becoming really large and I would like to retain
JP> the text portion of the messages for archival purposes. Is there a
JP> way to remove attachments by using The Bat? I would rather not use
JP> an  additional  program  such as Mailbag Assistant if I can manage
JP> this with The Bat.

- Set the account to store the attachments separately
- Export all mails from a folder to a Unix mailbox format file
- Delete the mails from that folder
- Import back the mails from the file to this directory

repeat it for all folders, set the mail unread

If  you  are  lazy  :),  then  just  move the mails to an other folder
outside  of  the  account,  Set  the  account to store the attachments
separately, and move them back to their original place :)

(no need for export, import)
--
Vili