ON Sunday, July 31, 2005, 8:45:36 PM, you wrote:
PM> Hi all,

PM> The message on the screen when this happens is "Importing Messages".
PM> One thing I have noticed is that the frequency of this problem can be
PM> reduced by ensuring that the inbox is highlighted and that I wait for
PM> the folders to refresh before doing anything. One issue which may be
PM> related is that I when I first load TB it does take 10 seconds to
PM> generate the summaries at the side of each folder in the folder pane.
PM> This could be a read herring, but it may be related.

Hi Paul,

Apart from the virus scanner that others have notices you should also
check the Purge and Compress function of TB.

TB needs you to do maintenance on the databases. Mainly purge and compress.
You might not have noticed that and if so go to folder/Maintenance and do
it for the complete system.
After that you can setup a scheduled maintenance event in the scheduler
function.

Also set the property of all your inboxes to purge and compress on exit
because all you email are placed in your inbox and then filtered on
blowing up the file to epic proportions if you do not P&C this daily.

 Gerard
Nothing changes your opinion of a friend so surely as success - yours or
his. == Franklin P. Jones, Saturday Evening Post, November 29, 1953 ==

Using The Bat! v3.51.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2