Urban stelde dit idée voor :
It's the first hit in this Google search:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N36A2169B

If I may sidetrack to the shorter link:
I often used tinyurl when referring to a webaddress in a usenet message, but learnt recently this is 'not done' because the viewer cannot see where the link is going and could therefore without realizing surf to say a fascist site.

I would show you the usenet thread, but it is in Dutch, so it would probably only be of use to Roelof.

Is there any netiquette on the use of shortened links that you know of?

--
Regards,
Adriana.